Elder Law Associates PA has decided to postpone our 10th Elder Law Forum, which was to be held on May 19, 2020, at the beautiful Sinai Residences in Boca Raton.
Ever mindful of the seriousness of this worldwide pandemic and with the safety of our attendees, staff and hosts in mind, we have decided to postpone this event until the fall of 2020. More information and the new date for the event will be forthcoming this summer.
Especially for financial advisors, CPAs, health care professionals, geriatric care managers, attorneys, facility administrators, insurance professionals and other professionals, Elder Law Forum 2020 will feature national and statewide elder law legislative updates, a presentation on issues with home care and helpful interactive sessions on Medicaid planning and exploitation litigation scenarios in the morning-long seminar.
This year’s speakers include Elder Law Associates PA’s Partners, Ellen S. Morris, Esq. and Howard S. Krooks, Esq., CELA, CAP, who have more than 60 years of combined experience in elder law. Both have served and are serving in executive capacities on numerous legal and elder law-related boards, including the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA), the New York State Bar Association Elder Law Section, the Elder Law Section of the Florida Bar and the Academy of Florida Elder Law Attorneys’ Joint Public Policy Task Force.
We also will welcome guest speaker Nancy E. Wright Esq. to this year’s forum. Nancy also is an active member of the Elder Law Section of the Florida Bar, serving on the Medicaid Committee, and on the Academy of Florida Elder Law Attorneys, serving on its Joint Public Policy Task Force. She is a frequent presenter in the areas of Medicaid advocacy, administrative law, exploitation of vulnerable adults, and guardian advocacy. She also directs the UF Health Senior Medical-Legal Partnership, a model project designed to identify and serve vulnerable, low-income seniors who may have unmet legal needs impacting health.
More information about the fall 2020 event will be coming soon. Contact us at 1-800-ELDERLAW or (561) 750-3805 for more details.
Elder Law Forum 2020
- When: Date to Be Determined, Fall 2020, from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Where: Toby & Leon Cooperman Sinai Residences, 21036 95th Avenue South, Boca Raton, FL 33428
- Speakers: Ellen S. Morris, Esq. and Howard S. Krooks, Esq., CELA, CAP, of Elder Law Associates PA, and guest speaker Nancy E. Wright, Esq., Law Office of Nancy E. Wright
- Agenda: 8:30-9 a.m. – Breakfast, registration and networking; 9-9:15 – Welcome and National and Florida Legislative Updates by Ellen S. Morris, Esq., and Howard S. Krooks, Esq., CELA, CAP; 9:15-10 a.m. – Guest speaker Nancy E. Wright, Esq. on Home Care Issues; 10-10:15 a.m. – Break; 10:15-10:45 a.m. – Scenario: Medicaid Planning by Howard S. Krooks, Esq., CELA, CAP; 10:45-11:15 a.m. – Scenario: Exploitation Litigation by Ellen S. Morris, Esq.; 11:15 a.m.-11:30 a.m. – Q&A with speakers and final wrap-up
- Admission:$18 per person in advance or $25 at the door (includes breakfast provided by Sinai Residences). All proceeds will be donated to Healthy Mothers Healthy Babies Coalition of Palm Beach County.
- RSVP: More information to come